Monday, March 28, 2011

The 30 Day Disney Challenge!



So apparently it is the thing to do these days in the Disney blogging world...So I'm jumping on this band wagon and starting off today!

Day #1: Your favorite character

They had to start off with a tough one eh? After little to no consideration (because I didn't need any because it is quite obvious), my favourite Disney character is

One possible reason I love said donkey so much is that he holds an odd resemblance to another favourite creature of mine:



I wiki-ed Eeyore to see if they had another interesting to say about the fellow and I learned so much in the first two sentences that I quit reading it. Here it is:

Eeyore is generally characterized as a pessimistic, gloomy, depressed, anhedonic, old grey stuffed donkey who is a friend of the title character, Winnie-the-Pooh.

His name is a representation of the onomatopoeic phrase "hee-haw," which refers to thebraying sound made by a normal donkey, written in the Cockney dialect, which is characterised by h dropping in addition to the usual British r dropping.


I never knew all that letter dropping business before! The reason I love Eeyore however, is because he's this big cuddly creature who has those original 'puss-in-boot' eyes and you can't help but want to hug him tight and make him feel better! The poor guy has been having a series of bad days since 1926! I'd be a little pessimistic and anhedonic too if my house fell down for 85 years! He's a truly lovable, cute, friendly, caring grey donkey, and I love him! My favourite Disney character: EEYORE!


Who is your favourite Disney character?

No comments: