Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Aftermath

Fun Fact of the day: When everything seems awesome, something is going to go wrong.

I'm really excited about the college program, but I'm a little realistic too, and it seemed to good to be true.  So I emailed international services at my university.  I was a bit worried (okay..almost had a mini melt down) when they said I had to be taking classes to be able to participate.

I don't have a scholarship for summer courses.

Que: freakout.

After a few emails back and forth I figured out I could take just the internship course, which is a one credit course and the adviser said I get to pay instate for it...soooo it seems like I'll only have to foot out an extra $100+ to work this summer.

There are 10000+ stipulations when you are going to school on a visa, I have to make the government happy, the scholarship people happy, my school happy and now soon Disney happy.
Oh, and myself :D

I also then thought I could take an internship as my fourth class in the fall....however it's only 1 credit. So I have to rework my schedule and fit in another class to make it to 12 credits, aka full time.  I get to pick my classes for the next three semester next Monday so that'll be good.  I know it's silly, but choosing classes always seems exciting to me.  This time will be a little different because a lot of the classes I have to take, especially in the spring semester are General Education classes (science, math, socials etc) and I have to do them all on the main UCF campus.  An hour from home.  At least it'll only be twice a week if I work it out correctly.

So long story short, I'm really excited to work concierge! Every time I tell someone I just get the hugest grin on my face and I feel so, so happy! Everytime I'm in lodging class learning about the PMS system and PBX and all that jazz, I get excited because it's what I'll be doing.

Those of you who know me well also know I'm obsessed with making reservations, and I've eaten at pretty much every Disney restaurant, and done a lot of the other extra neat recreation offerings so I think I'll be able to help guests out! A lot to learn, but it'll be amazing!

And I get to do Traditions again!!! I may be one of the few people excited to do it three times! Can't Wait!

In totally different news I had an amazing weekend! A bunch of friends and I participated in the Highlander IV Mud Run! It was 5km/3m with like 30 obstacles along the trail including A LOT of crawling through mud! Some people had to be pulled out with ropes! It was craziness!! I'll get some photos added! We actually already signed up for our next race in September, and I honestly am so excited for it! My thighs were killing me from yanking my legs up out of the mud, climbing over walls and all other general ninja-ry.

Sunday I made an epic dinner for Francel! Since we aren't eating out but we like to, especially at Disney, I made different courses from different restaurants!! I made Pineapple-Coconut bread from Ohana with Macadamia nut-honey butter from Kona Cafe. I've never made bread before!! It was soo yummy!
Then I did a cheese plate (France ..really i just love cheese).
Then a tomato and gin soup from Raglan Road. It was cool, it went from 2 1/2 pounds of tomatoes..to soup!
For the main course we had Le Cellier's Filet Mignon with Mushroom risotto and a white truffle butter sauce (Francel cooked the steak, we took a 6 minute break! lol).
Next  we had double dessert! Mini chocolate Lava cakes from California Grill and...
Walt's Favourite Lemon Meringue Pie! It was soooo yummy if i do say so myself!
Francel knew I was making dinner, but didn't know it was special! I met him at the door in a dress and heels and a glass of champagne and a card that I have been saving since Canada.  He showered and got dressed up too, and we ate at the dining room tale with the fancy dishes, it felt like we went out for this crazy nice meal! It was such a fun day/evening!  Francel does a ton of incredible things for me, and with me, and I just wanted to show him how much I appreciate him in return.

I'm kind of completely in love :)

That's all for now kiddos, I'm off to make some quinoa + veggies. Yum!

No comments: